Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I've been a baller

I have always loved basketball. I just have not really been playing lately. I mean in 2008 alone, I would've never imagined that I would only step out on the court 4 times....seriously only 4 different times all year. I guess now it is more of a conditioning issue but also a real life issue. I have no health insurance at the moment so it is tough to keep it up. Timing is a definite issue for me too. I am a good defensive player and shot blocker but now that balance is off. There's nothing like tossing somebody's shot into the second row. The only down side is that every shot blocker gets dunked on sometimes. Way back in the day I only got dunked on maybe three times my whole life. Just part of the territory I guess.
To be completely honest one of the most fun games I had was about 4 years ago. I played in a friend's church league basketball game. It is funny though I came there just to watch but his team was really bad and he told me there were some no-shows. So he was like just grab a jersey and answer to that name. I mean seriously though other than my friend this was the worst team imaginable. I had a good game myself. Shot the ball about 14-27 from the field. Managed to hit two 3's. Went 0-2 from the free throw line. Did those a little of everything stats:
Finished with 30 points, 7 Rebounds (5 of them were offensive), 2 assists, 2 blocks, only 1 foul was called on me the whole game too. I did a horrible job holding on to the ball though and had 11 turnovers. This team was so shitty. My boy ended up with 42 points and 8 ssists and we still got blown out by over 30 points. So I didn't do much as a ringer. All in all a good day playing in a game I expected to not be playing in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lying nigga

Jordan a.k.a JDUBS said...

who is this anonymous hater, I probably dropped 30 on your ass.