Sunday, August 21, 2011

oh

I have been kinda going out alot this summer that is true. Way more than usual but some events and parties I go to I notice I am just there because i get free access or what now to the shows. So in a way I kind of feel like a hip hop reporter or something, going to a concert that would normally cost $50 or $100 for free, but deep down I don't really wanna be there.
I am not trying to shit on people because sure there is someone else in the world that would be more determined to go or try to be there. I guess I just have better contacts or networking skills (Thanks yelpers for teaching me how to wheel and deal a bit better).

Also went to a Mets game a week or two ago, It was an awesome section too 112 row 17 FIELD level. Game against the Padres, I actually had a bunch of other shit to do that night but since I got these tickets for free, I did not want to waste them. Game was cool, I only stayed until the 8th inning because I was heading into manhattan for a Heineken Red Star Soul event with J. Cole and wanted to make sure I did not get shut out. The game was excellent though, but I missed a furious comeback by the amazin' Metropolitans in the 9th and they WON the game, 9-8 I believe. It was a tuesday night game.

J. Cole is a good performing live but on that note I am not the biggest fan of the guy. Like I said I got in the venue for free and free heineken's were being offered the whole night in this deal through facebook at BOWERY BALLROOM. Initially maybe was not going to this place either, but thought might as well make a DAY of it and go. There were too alot of fans that I am sure wanted to go, but could not get on the list or just not know someone who had a hookup.

-I mean I never met like 50 Cent or anything , I don't have those kinds of connections. I just know the kind of people that seem to get alot of stuff for free from radio stations, or a connection like HEY MY BOY DJ's for 50 CENT label sometimes, he can get you and me into this WU- TANG CLAN show next week for free. I'm like sure let's go. I like the word FREE.


***EDITORS NOTE
tHIS WAS THE J. COLE SHOW AT BOWERY





this other is my video when I was there at the show


No comments: