Sunday, September 6, 2009

I know the entire Hollywood film industry is hurting right now

...But on the other hand the product that the business has been giving us is less than satisfactory. I used to see many, many more movies in the theaters back then. Most I would pay standard admissions or early matinee prices but also there are many screenings for free movies that can be attained if you look in the right places.
*If I can remember correctly, in 2004 I saw 42 movies in the theater. Mostly busy with also hanging out and work that is still ALOT of time in the movie theaters. In 2005, however the number ended up being something like 61 movies. Like I said some were free screening, some were from movie passes, not all full paid admissions. Now in 2009, I know I am so far no where near those numbers but it is because the product is not as good right now. Also, $12.50 is a whole fucking lot to pay for a movie. On average I hear most very famous movie critics like Richard Roeper and STuff seeing about 300 to 400 movies a year. (Yes that is their job but Jeez that is alot of fucking movies to see in a 52 week year minus holidays and vacations)

No comments: