Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Just sayin'

I grew up in the hood. All my friends on the block in Crown Heights Nostrand avenue where I grew up sold drugs or robbed people. I did neither. I had to walk around with weapons some times just for survival but luckily never had to use them. True story on my block, all the male where I lived on where arrested at some point (drugs, weapons, rape pretty much anything). These are males aged 15 to say 21 at the time when I was 18 and serious to god I was the only one who stayed straight. I did know alot of people in gangs(Latin Kings, Bloods, wanna be Bloods) and stuff too but that was more for protection. I had to avoided getting my ass kicked as well. Only thing I really did that was hood back in the days was help people get jumped. I would be the one in the pack kicking someone when they tried to get back up when someone caught a 9 on 2 beat down (so I was no saint) but what can I say: I turned out ok. No drugs, no jail time for me. NOW that is real TALK

No comments: