Saturday, September 24, 2011

DRIVE

I think it is one of those movies that you definitely have to see more than once to appreaciate how good this movie was. I saw it on Wednesday which was my day off this week and now I am totally obsessed with the movie and the soundtrack. Obsessed in a Pulp Fiction type way. I mean it as it is not the best movie ever on the planet but I remember after seeing PULP FICTION, I had this kind of obsession. I went out and bought the soundtrack, that type of stuff and planned to see the movie again. I will be seeing DRIVE again, maybe in a week or two not immediately right now.
I will just look at clips right now on line and play this soundtrack on YOUTUBE and in my head for days to come. This movie was just completely a well made film, so many elements with the characters, showing emotions and dialogue without even speaking. Drive is a must see I believe for any fan of cinema in general. I have to agree this year has had its share of shitty movies and this to me makes up for all those other people's mistakes. AND no the movie was not just about a guy driving or how cool Ryan Gosling is. The other characters in the story played just as big of a role really as "Driver" himself. Ron Perlman did a good job as big bruiser NINO. Albert Brooks very convincing in a role we had not seen him before in. Carey Mulligan is sort of pretty to me but still very plain but this movie showed you how HOT the plain girl can be. Focused on all her strengths and not her weaknesses. Christina Hendricks too, my new love, with the surprise appearance was ok in a nonsense type role. Nice just seeing her on the screen. I love seeing or hearing other guys reactions to seeing #ChristinaHendricks for the first time, so funny. it is basically who is this girl on #TMZ with the big ass titties, she is a goddess though, just makes me laugh.

Drive that you to this movie for making my week alot better.

No comments: